At Dependent Financial Planning, we specialize in providing comprehensive financial planning services specifically tailored for families with special needs dependent children of all ages. We understand the unique financial challenges that families in these situations face, and we are here to guide and support you every step of the way.
Our team of experienced Certified Financial PlannersTM will work closely with you to develop a personalized financial plan that addresses the specific needs and goals of your family. We offer a range of services designed to help you achieve financial security and peace of mind:
Special Needs Saving Planning:
We understand that planning for the future is crucial for providing for special needs. Our experts will assist you in creating a savings plan that considers your long-term financial goals, including education, healthcare, retirement, and supporting your child with a high quality of life throughout their lifetime.
Special Needs Tax Planning:
Navigating the complex world of taxes can be overwhelming. Our certified financial planners will assess your unique tax situation and develop effective strategies to minimize tax liability while maximizing available benefits and credits.
Special Needs Life Planning:
Planning for the future is not just about the present, but also about what lies ahead. We will work with you to create a succession plan that helps your child's financial well-being and care even after you are no longer able to provide for them.
Full Scale Financial Planning
The seven steps within the financial planning process include the following:
- Understanding the Client’s Personal and Financial Circumstances. We review this in our initial meeting and ongoing to make sure we understand the unique aspects of your family’s life.
- Identify and Selecting Goals. We listen during our initial conversation to make sure we understand your priorities. We continue to clarify to help meet your most important goals are the focus of our discussion.
- Analyzing the Client’s Current Course of Action and Potential Alternative Course(s) of Action. We review all of your financial life to help understand the current track you are on. We explore the ideas you have for your life into the future including when you wish to leave work, where you plan to live in retirement and how you plan to find support for the people who depend on you right now.
- Developing the Financial Planning Recommendations. We review income, expenses, Social Security filing strategies, insurance, tax strategies, and estate considerations in our recommendations.
- Presenting the Financial Planning Recommendations. We plan 2-4 meetings to review the different parts of your financial plan.
- Implementing the Financial Planning Recommendations. When desired, we can support the implementation of any financial plan.
- Monitoring Progress and Updating. We want you to successfully implement recommendations to propel you into greater safety and security in your current financial position.
What do we charge?
Our fees take into consideration there are many types of people who need financial advice. We want to be fair to you while honoring the work that we do to help you get organized. The current maximum planning fee for a first-year financial plan is $6,000, though many of our clients pay half that fee based on their family planning needs. We bill half up front for planning at the signing of a contract and half at the end of a planning engagement. Any of our fees can be charged monthly instead as needed.
Ongoing planning fees are determined after our first-year engagement.
We are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized financial planning guidance that empowers families like yours to achieve their financial goals. With our expertise and understanding of the challenges faced by families with special needs children, we are here to offer you the support and strategies you need to secure a brighter financial future.
Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it
~ Alan Lakein
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and start your journey towards financial security and peace of mind. Together, we can create a roadmap that paves the way for your family's financial success.